tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat keepAliveTimeout
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:16:36 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> you are correct, soTimeout should not, imho, change depending on the
> thread count.
> if the user sets 20 seconds for soTimeout then it should stay that way.

Right. With the current code you can only deduct what the actual
timeout will be. Like said, for 40 sec timeout it can be
40, 20, 13 or 2.

> I see how soTimeout would be different from keepAlivetimeout when the
> servlet is invoking a blocking read on the servletinputstream.

Actually its very simple:
soTimeout: The time to read the data.
keepAliveTimeout: The time between two requests.

Those things has been elaborated long time ago.
I'm sad that my first patch to the Tomcat get reverted immediately
without any -1. Anyhow, I'll think twice before next commit.

Regards,
Mladen.