tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r451157 - in /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/java/org/apache: catalina/connector/ coyote/ajp/ coyote/http11/ tomcat/util/net/
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:39:20 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> wrote:
>> Author: mturk
>> Date: Fri Sep 29 01:23:37 2006
>> New Revision: 451157
>> Log:
>> Introduce keepAliveTimeout to be able to separate
>> the Keep-Alive and Socket timeout.
>> The patch enables to have infinite socket timeouts
>> while still having correct keep alive.
> As I said before, I see no point in that.
maybe I'm being dumb here, so please enlighten me, but how are they
(keepalivetimeout vs connection timeout) different on a HTTP connection?

wouldn't the smallest of these two values always close the connection?
connection timeout on HTTP is after all only measured when the worker
thread is not using the connection. on, it would be on a read()
from the input stream, and on APR and NIO it would be time spent in the
poller or a read()