tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Koop <gro...@timkoop.com>
Subject org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteInputStream.close()
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:34:16 GMT
Hi everyone.

The Javadoc comment on
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteInputStream.close() says this:

"Close the stream Since we re-cycle, we can't allow the call to
super.close() which would permantely disable us."

I suspect a call to the underlying ServletInputStream.close() could be
quite handy in some circumstances.  You might want to close the actual
stream if someone is sending you a few GB of data and you actually want
to close it.

I'm not exactly sure the best way to do this.  Perhaps CoyoteInputStream
could have a method closeServletInputStream(), which could be called by
casting request.getInputStream() to a CoyoteInputStream.

Any other thoughts?

--
Tim Koop