tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [6.0] Updates
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:17:18 GMT
Peter Rossbach wrote:
> Hi Filip,
>
> I thing many people use the current cluster implementation. For those
> people I want spend my time to sync two branches :-)
> Some people ask me to start experiments with new Servlet and JSP API's
> or the new connector implementation but with
> the old cluster API. Let the user the choice,like APR or Java HTTP
> Connector.

This does not make much sense here, as the new implementation does the
exact same thing as the other one (unlike the connectors). Did you test
the new clustering ? How does it compare to the old one ?

There's no need for two clustering implementations, so one of them needs
to be chosen. The other one may be developed in the sandbox and provided
as an alternative (in a separate download), but I think that's time
which would be wasted. BTW, a major release is also the best opportunity
to make some changes in configuration. If it's not done now, then we
would have to keep both for a long time.

Rémy