tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Periodic events for servlets
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:56:04 GMT
Hi,

In Jasper, there's a feature allowing having background checking of JSP
modifications. I think this is good to have in production, as on access
checks is quite expensive, however, I do not like its implementation,
which is using a thread for each webapp.

Instead, I am considering an interface (in the org.apache package, like
the annotation processing one) that could be implemented by servlets
(here, the JasperServlet), and which would be called by
StandardWrapper.backgroundProcess. Pretty trivial stuff overall.

Comments ?

Rémy