tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Barnes <mark.bar...@coat.com>
Subject Re: Source for Packages org.apache.tomcat.dbcp and below?
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:38:57 GMT
Thanks.  I really appreciate your input.

Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> "re-packaged"?   Does that mean "wrapped"?
>
> No, it just means the package names are changed, from
> org.apache.commons.dbcp to org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.
   .
   .
   .
>> I was also trying to cast the DataSource returned by JNDI so I can
>> query its
>> properties.  Casting to org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource
>> doesn't seem
>> to work, resulting in a "package does not exist" even after including
>> the jar
>> file in the CLASSPATH.
>
> Really, that casting doesn't seem to work?  I would expect it to...
> Maybe you have an extra
> .dbcp. in the package name above?

Actually, the problem with the cast was I had a typo in the path for the jar
file when I added it to the CLASSPATH.  I can get it to compile now.

But back to my original question:

Where is the actual source to this "re-packaged" class???  I cannot find it in
the downloaded source tree.

Which version of commons.dbcp was re-packaged?

If I look at the commons.dbcp source can I be absolutely sure it's the same
version of the class in the jar file?

Thanks again.