tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Barnes <mark.bar...@coat.com>
Subject Re: Source for Packages org.apache.tomcat.dbcp and below?
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:29:37 GMT
Yoav -

Thanks for responding.

"re-packaged"?   Does that mean "wrapped"?

It has a different package structure than that in Jakarta Commons DBCP.
    org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource
vs
    org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource

How are these related?  By extension?  By wrapping?  Do I cast one of these to:
    org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource
or can I cast it to:
    org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource

I can find org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource in the jar files.  I
cannot find org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource in the jar files.

I'm trying to figure out why I cannot get Application-managed DataSource
(auth=Application) to work.  I want to look at the source code to investigate.
I was also trying to cast the DataSource returned by JNDI so I can query its
properties.  Casting to org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource doesn't seem
to work, resulting in a "package does not exist" even after including the jar
file in the CLASSPATH.

Thanks!
---Mark