tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tagging 5.5.20
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 17:54:05 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:

>> Don't see what's the problem with something like that.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mladen.
> I'm against such change to, not because of usefulness or not, we're
> trying to cut a stable release, if you want to do it, do for the next
> tomcat release.

Then use 1.1.4 if you wish a stable release.

It will work with 1.1.3, but then we'll have a questions
like 'what version of native you use?'. Is it 1.1.3 or
you downloaded the latest one.

Having a simple warning on startup:
"You are using Native version a.b.c. The recommended one is x.y.z"
Would at least inform the user that there is API compatible
version that has some upgrades over the one he has currently.

I really don't see what's wrong with that, and why you guys
made such a noise about it. It's a simple
note to the user to consider to upgrade his native.

Regards,
Mladen.