tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r439322 - in /tomcat/container/tc5.5.x/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina: core/StandardContext.java startup/ContextRuleSet.java
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 09:04:47 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> The reverted fix for 39704 was careful to avoid creating a regression
> for http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-1688. The fix for JBAS-1688
> removed the CopyParentCL rule in all cases. The reverted fix added it
> back only on context creation which means the CopyParentCL rule is not
> used in the code path described by
> http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-1688
>
> I can't see how adding back the CopyParentCL rule as per the fix for
> 39704 could cause a regression. Certainly, it won't for JBAS-1688. Can
> you provide a sample scenario where the 39704 would cause problems?

It's possible it would not cause any regression, I don't know for sure
(it's a bit the issue).

The original claim was to fix 39704, which cannot be fixed (the bug is
really invalid, for the reasons I stated inside the bug, since when
creating the loader the privileged flag value will always be "false";
other similar bugs may be valid, but this one is not), so I tried to
find something a bit safer for the 5.5 branch. I cleaned up the creation
of the Loader in TC 6, so that it's no longer mandatory to pass the
parent CL when creating the object (and it should fix this mess without
all the creative hacks).

Rémy