tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Hari Kumar" <>
Subject Please clear the following error.
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:26:02 GMT
I am getting null when I use <jsp:getProperty, Please help me. I am using
Tomcat 4.1 Server.

Please check the code and let me know the possible solution.

 <jsp:useBean id="locationBean"
class="com.browline.nina.location.LocationBean" scope="session" />  <!--
Declared a LocationBean -->
 <select name="CityId" id="SelectCityId"  onChange="">   <!-- Combo Box -->

 <% ArrayList
  if (locationList!=null)
         for (int i=0;i<locationList.size();i++)
	          System.out.println("City Name in
JSP:"+locationBean.getCityname());   //On the console it prints all City
  <option value=""> <jsp:getProperty name="locationBean" property="cityname"
/> </option>
  <!-- adding null to combo box. Please let me know how to solve the error

  <% }
       } %>

Thanks & Regards,
Hari Kumar.G | Software Engineer | Browline Consulting Services
140, Seshan Complex | Anna Salai | Chennai - 600047
Cell: 91-0-9840635910 | Office: 044 - 43114143 |

contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this
message and any attachments.

check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The
company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email.