tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New release manager?
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 19:33:51 GMT
Hi,
Cool.  I saw that Remy volunteered for the first 6.0 releases, so
maybe you'll do 5.5 for now, and then we'll see how things go?

Thankfully the Tomcat release process is mostly automated.  You do
need to put your PGP key in the KEYS file and upload it to a key
server of your choice: these steps are manual.

The best way to do it is probably to "cut" a practice release, meaning
do all the steps except actually putting the release on the web site
and announcing it to users.  I'll be glad to walk you through this,
but let's use a more immediate communication medium, e.g. IM or IRC.

Yoav