tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregor Schneider" <rc4...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: How to get hold on org.apache.catalina.Manager?
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 18:20:22 GMT
Hi list,

ok, one problems is solved so far, after I plugged my eyes back in I saw how
to get hold of the Container (sometimes it's useful to read the Tomcat-Docs
rather than the Sun-Docs...

Anyways, the Valve is plugged in to server.xml (linux suse 9 btw.) like
this:

<Service debug="9" name="Catalina">
                 <Engine debug="9" defaultHost="localhost" name="Catalina">
                      <Host appBase="webapps" debug="9" name="localhost">
                         <Valve className='
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve'
                                 directory='logs'
                                 prefix='dom-access-'
                                 suffix='.log'
                                 pattern='common'
                                 resolveHosts='false'
                           />
                           <Valve className="
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn" debug="0"/>
                           <Valve className="
com.cr.manuals.catalina.valve.CatalinaLogonValve" debug="0"/>
                          <Logger className="
org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" prefix="localhost_log."
timestamp="true" verbosity="4"/>

[...]

However, I don't get any System.out here (in catalina.out), and my
Logins-Screen doesn't appear at all.

Actually I'm not sure when to call Context.invoke() and
ValveContet.invokeNext() - does anybody of you have a clue why now
j_security_check obviously is not been calle (no forward to login-scren,
neither forward to secured content)?

This is my code:

public class CatalinaLogonValve extends ValveBase {

    public String getInfo() {
        return "LogonValve for Catalina 5.0.x";
    }

    public void invoke(Request aRequest, Response aResponse,
            ValveContext aContext) throws IOException, ServletException {

        if (!(aRequest instanceof HttpServletRequest) ||
             !(aResponse instanceof HttpServletResponse)) {
             aContext.invokeNext(aRequest, aResponse);
             return;
         }

        HttpServletRequest hreq =
            (HttpServletRequest) aRequest.getRequest();
        HttpServletResponse hres =
            (HttpServletResponse) aResponse.getResponse();

        if(hreq.getRequestURI().indexOf("j_security_check")!=-1) {
            // we do have a HTTPServletRequest here, and we're looking for
the TOMCAT-session...
           // **** not showing up **********
            System.out.println("CatalinaLogonValve hit!");
            Session tomcatSession = getSession(hreq, false);
            if (tomcatSession != null) {
                SavedRequest sreq = (SavedRequest)tomcatSession.getNote(
Constants.FORM_REQUEST_NOTE);
                sreq.setRequestURI("https://dekold4711/dom/index.htm");
                tomcatSession.setNote(Constants.FORM_REQUEST_NOTE, sreq);
                // **** not showing up **********
                System.out.println ("Requested URI:" + sreq.getRequestURI
());
                container.invoke(aRequest, aResponse);
            }else {
                // **** not showing up **********
                System.out.println("TomcatSession is null!");
                 aContext.invokeNext(aRequest, aResponse);
            }
        }
    }

    protected Session getSession(HttpServletRequest aRequest, boolean
create) {

        HttpSession hses = aRequest.getSession(create);
        if (hses == null)
            return (null);
        Manager manager = container.getManager();
        if (manager == null)
            return (null);
        else {
            try {
                return (manager.findSession(hses.getId()));
            } catch (IOException e) {
                return (null);
            }
        }