tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From jeusdi <>
Subject custom HttpSession server.xml
Date Sat, 12 Aug 2006 09:05:52 GMT

   I'm interested in customize the default HttpSession, but I don't know how
can I custom it? I should like when form my servlet I execute
req.getSession(), it returns me my customized HttpSession:
                     HttpSession session = req.getSession(true);
                     CustomHttpSession mySession =

I want it because I need classes associated to session and I've thunk extend
a httpSession and add properties to use later. Is it possible modifying the

If it isn't possible to do it, Is possible create simple java classes that
behaviors with HttpSession.
Sent from the Tomcat - Dev forum at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: