tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From jeusdi <cabre...@terra.es>
Subject custom HttpSession server.xml
Date Sat, 12 Aug 2006 09:05:52 GMT

Hello,
   I'm interested in customize the default HttpSession, but I don't know how
can I custom it? I should like when form my servlet I execute
req.getSession(), it returns me my customized HttpSession:

                     HttpSession session = req.getSession(true);
                     CustomHttpSession mySession =
(CustomHttpSession)session;

I want it because I need classes associated to session and I've thunk extend
a httpSession and add properties to use later. Is it possible modifying the
server.xml?

If it isn't possible to do it, Is possible create simple java classes that
behaviors with HttpSession.