tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dies Koper <d...@jp.fujitsu.com>
Subject Re: TCK Failed Was: Tomcat 5.5.18-beta preview
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 00:14:37 GMT
Hello Filip,

In my application I used a pageContext.include which once threw a
JasperException (ServletException) while it was supposed to (according
to the spec) propagate the IOException as-is.
I noticed that setting the "deployment" init param in conf\web.xml to
"false" made it propagate the IOException correctly.

Apparently JspServletWrapper checks this flag and decides to handle
exceptions differently depending on this value.
I did not look further into it as my problem is resolved, but I have
been wondering why it would do this and whether to bring it up here.

Regards,
Dies