tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: possible mod_jk "feature"
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:57:33 GMT
Rainer Jung wrote:
> Mladen Turk schrieb:
>
>>> The patch the Jim provided, gives us the functionality of turning off
>>> the keep alive from the "clients" (httpd in this case) perspective.
>>>
>> I do not agree, although its a hack and easy fix for
>> the problem itself.
>>

> I would prefer the more useful 3 param connections/pool sizing I
> suggested. I had a look at the code and it doesn't look very
> complicated. I have a couple of open commits for the weekend and most
> likely I've got the time to implement and document the "new" pool
> behaviour. Furthermore there will be no need to break old pool configs,
> although we add more functionality.

I like ideals and ideas too, however, I believe Jim presented a very
simple patch, that solves a very *real* problem in a very simple manner,
very simple -> very real -> very simple, I like the simple part of this
patch.

Leave it up to the users to figure out if they want it or not. For those
that believe in the philosophy you present, will simply never use it.
For those who are struggling with firewall problems today, can get
instant relief.

Filip