tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: possible mod_jk "feature"
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:19:20 GMT
I was gonna suggest a
worker.<workername>.reuse=True|False
This is a very minor, non intrusive change since jk_ajp_*.c already has
a struct that has a reuse flag, and it respects it, the code currently
hard codes it to true.

so people have the option to have non persistent connections.
Many folks want to use mod_jk, and don't mind the connection overhead
for not reusing connections
and some features like LB and *.jsp patterns are not available in httpd
1.3/2.0, so folks want jk there, so they can't switch to http.
Filip