tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Proposal - Comet changes
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:33:08 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>> what am I thinking, all connectors, so far only the connectors
>> supporting poll are valid candidates for comet :)
>
> I don't know how to redo the advertisement part of comet support
> without the special "org.apache.tomcat.comet.support" attribute, though.
I dont think we need to, and I wasn't suggesting we need to. Just hide
it from the developers, so that in a servlet you don't have to look for
it etc.
I think the CometServlet (if it has a "final" service method, and
abstract event method, can simply throw/log a warning if the system is
configured with a non comet support connector

Filip