tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Plesner Jacobsen <apj.li...@code3.dk>
Subject Proposal: Change of access level of variables and some additional error logging in DataSourceRealm
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:16:57 GMT
I've just extended DataSourceRealm for an internal project, and found
that my extensions could have been done easier if the access level of
preparedRoles and preparedCredentials were less restrictive.

This would allow developers to replace the actual SQL with something
more suited for their purpose without having to resort to a copy/paste
implementation of (parts of) DataSourceRealm.

I've also seen people struggle with configuration of the realms, so
another proposed change is to validate that the input parameters are at
least defined and log any errors.

--
Andreas