tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: [TC6] Cluster and storeconfig
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 19:52:13 GMT
Here are my suggestions:

1. Incorporate modules/ha as the cluster solution into TC6

2. Keep modules/groupcom as a separate module
   The reason I suggest a separate module, is cause it is a fairly
complex component and will have
   a fairly large documentation base, it might be better to keep it
separate and have it
   release separately from the core. That way, a busted IO component,
will not set back the tomcat release.

3. Storeconfig - this is Peter's baby and would be his choice.
   I personally would suggest a rewrite of it and have a storeconfig
that is not dependent on the classes of tomcat,
   ie, storeconfig today has one class for every component in tomcat,
   so as soon as you swap out a component to a custom class,
   there is no saving for that component anymore.
   It could be equally easy to create a completely standalone
configuration tool.
   But since I am not that familiar here,
   I'd prefer to leave that decision to Peter if he has time to maintain
it in TC6.

Filip