tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Excessive Lock/Unlock Traffic
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:27:49 GMT
Good to hear from infrastructure@ !

We all agree that the svn lock/svn unlock traffic was a bad thing, and
even worse that 2 mails were sent for each file in the repository.
AFAIK this is result of changing a simple property in the tomcat repository
( for
line ending ), and it's a serious bug in svn or how svn is configured to
generate all this spam. I think the change made in tomcat is perfectly
reasonable, and other projects may do similar things - I hope svn
will be fixed, or maybe infrastructure can add some filters to drop
such messages.

Costin