tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: JK 1.2.18 isapi_redirect installer builds
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 19:03:55 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> Mladen Turk wrote:
>>> Nullsoft lacks advanced IIS virtual directory
>>> creation/deletion. I suppose it can be done with
>>> multiple .vbs scripts.
>> EWWW - no :)  They are keys.
> No, they are not. Neither are filters :)

Not what I ment.  Found binIISHelper - sort of bogus ;-)

I don't see any reason not to create out own, or use the columns to add our
Registry entries to IIS for virtual directories, or explore if a later version
of .msi provides this functionality.  InstallShield 10 often did things 'it's
own way' rather than relying on the full msi schema, but was nice about adding
helpers for things that had no efficient way to do them.

I'd avoid vbs ;-)  Preferable to create a lightweight .dll helper binary before
considering that.  I presume the binIISHelper is InstallShields, since they
create the tables ISIISCommon and ISWebSite, namespace protecting them.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message