tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: JK 1.2.18 isapi_redirect installer builds
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:10:53 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Trent Nelson wrote:
>>> Mladen Turk wrote:
>>
>> Just out of interest, is there any motivation to switch to Nullsoft's
>> Installer for future mod_jk/isapi_redirect releases?  Given that
>> tomcat's win32 installer uses this, and it's free, I would think that
>> would be a better option than InstallShield.  (Or am I missing something
>> about the advantages of InstallShield over Nullsoft?)
>
> Nullsoft lacks advanced IIS virtual directory
> creation/deletion. I suppose it can be done with
> multiple .vbs scripts.

EWWW - no :)  They are keys.  Does Nullsoft provide for arbitrary msi
table data for the IIS registration virtual directory registration?
Opening our previous installer in orca should let you browse where the
appropriate registration keys are.

Any tool that doesn't provide arbitrary table data for the installer schema
(including IS - which happens to provide it) isn't worth investigating.
Any tool that does let us set up arbitrary columns for the .msi that is
being prepared should allow us to manually provide more advanced iis,
com, net registration data, even if there's no eligant support.

Bill