tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Excessive Lock/Unlock Traffic
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 16:37:53 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:

>> If you think svn is correct in sending lock/unlock/proppatch mails for
>> each individual file ( without at least agreggating them ) - then
>
> It was done separately BECAUSE it was not done in a SINGLE ATOMIC COMMIT.
>
> THIS IS CAUSED BY USER ERROR, AND NOT BY A PROBLEM WITH SUBVERSION OR
> OUR CONFIGURATION.

Then you might put that somewhere inside www.apache.org/dev
How could one EVER KNOW THAT if this is nowhere mentioned?
Now we know, and if you said that:
"And this can be done in a single atomic commit. There is NEVER a reason
to use locking to do this. Never."

The I suggest you simply disable the lock/unlock inside ASF.

Regards,
Mladen