tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r423967 - /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/connector/CoyoteAdapter.java
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:37:25 GMT
Jean-frederic Clere wrote:
> Returning to my example:
> kMount /*.jsp worker1
> http://localhost/;jsp-examples/jsp2/;simpletag/;hello.jsp
>
> .jsp-examples simpletag and hello.jsp are parameters. (According to the
> 3.3 of the ref).
> So the mapping is
> //jsp2// -> no worker.
> http://localhost/jsp-examples;.titi/jsp2/simpletag;toto/hello.jsp;tutu
> .titi toto and tutu are parameters.
> And the mapping is:
> /jsp-examples/jsp2/simpletag/hello.jsp match worker1
>
> Comments?

Another tactic is to give up, and return an error code of some sort in
Tomcat if the URL contains a path parameter (since they are not part of
the path, are not handled properly, and have no useful usage at the moment).

The latest RFC (3986) gives an interesting example of usage: For
example, one URI producer might use a segment such as "name;v=1.1" to
indicate a reference to version 1.1 of "name".

Personally, I dislike the "optimized" mappings, like *.jsp, that in the
end make the webapp non portable and full of security holes. I think
full webapp mappings are preferable (and for static resources that
"need" to be served by Apache, it still seems possible to me to use
relative URLs to them - as if they were in a separate webapp).

Rémy