tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r423967 - /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/connector/CoyoteAdapter.java
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 07:51:35 GMT
Jean-frederic Clere wrote:

> Returning to my example:
> JkMount /*.jsp worker1
> http://localhost/;jsp-examples/jsp2/;simpletag/;hello.jsp
>
> .jsp-examples simpletag and hello.jsp are parameters. (According to the
> 3.3 of the ref).
> So the mapping is
> //jsp2// -> no worker.

I would concur...

> http://localhost/jsp-examples;.titi/jsp2/simpletag;toto/hello.jsp;tutu
> .titi toto and tutu are parameters.
> And the mapping is:
> /jsp-examples/jsp2/simpletag/hello.jsp match worker1

I'm a little hesitant.  I almost assure you that the typical configuration
is broken in this case, various <Files *.jsp> blocks, etc won't apply and
the administrator will be "surprised" by the results.

With that said, I'll add that I've always detested this particular mounting
semantic, since it was never really guarenteed that it would coincide with
the appropriate apache-side configuration directives, and so with that,
I'd say stay with your patch :)

Bill