tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: SVN messages.
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:18:19 GMT
I found it easy to delete via filtering for "svn lock" and "svn unlock".
It's different for the archives, but for them this traffic peak will not
  be serious. The worst thing was, that mails got delayed by several hours.

I would prefer to keep svn commits on the dev list.

Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 7/20/06, Costin Manolache <costin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The svn messages are quite horrible IMO. Is there any way to suppress
>> them
>> in future ?
>
> Some projects have a separate
> [svn|commits|cvs|similar]@projectname.apache.org mailing list.  We
> could do that, but then you can into the mode of reminding all
> committers to subscribe to those lists.  Having stuff on the dev lists
> encourages all developers to look at commits, raising the inspection
> level a bit one would think.
>
> And honestly, people who want to filter these messages out can do so,
> whether they are on their own list or on this one.  It's quite easy to
> create rules for them, including temporary filters like to handle
> today's unusual amount of messages.
>
> So all in all, let's treat today as the unusual event it was in terms
> of volume of SVN messages, and keep things the same unless people have
> strong objections.
>
> Yoav

kippdata informationstechnologie GmbH
Bornheimer Str. 33a