tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: [TC6] Cluster and storeconfig
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:31:57 GMT
definitely the modules/ha and modules/groupcom.
I'd like to clean it up first though, my idea is to instead of
configuing all the messaging inside the <Cluster> element, the actual
Tribes impl I'd rather configure as a JNDI resource,
this has a some benefits, to mention a few
- more components can take advantage of it, such as monitoring tools,
other cluster implementations etc
- Avoid having a giant blog that takes up half of server.xml when
clustering is turned on
- Separate out IO tuning from replication configuration

I know in the past other people felt the need for these to be modules,
for me I dont care either way, I think it might be good for us to get a
consensus before I merge it in.

You mind sitting a couple of weeks on it and let folks chime in while I
work on the config separation?

thanks
Filip