tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Comet timeout proposal
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 00:07:14 GMT
1. Proposal one - per socket timeout ability for comet requests

I was thinking of enhancing the Comet servlet with the ability to add a
per-socket-timeout, so that Comet requests don't have to be tuned under
the regular <Connector> timeout specified in server.xml

public void setTimeout(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response, long timeout) throws IOException, ServletException {
    request.setAttribute("org.apache.tomcat.comet.timeout", new
Long(timeout));
}

For the NIO connector, I can hold this value in the key attachment, for
the APR, we could maintain a parallel array to the array with the socket
decriptors that contains the timeout for the respective socket, or
similar method.

let me know what you think, Remy would you like to do this on the APR side?

Filip