tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-frederic Clere <jfcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JK and AJP protocol enhancements
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 08:13:47 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:

> You see how desperate I am when writing this on Sunday :)

Was it too hot on the sea side?

> Anyhow, we are pretty close to the new JK release that I
> hope will be the most usable and stable whatsoever.
>
> The things we agreed so many times before, but having
> obviously too little resources to actually create are
> the 1.3 branch (aka JK3) and the AJP protocol stuff.
>
> Now there is the problem with that. Henri even created
> a AJP1.4 protocol enhancements with all that login,
> discovery etc... (never implement but thats another story).
> Although we got close to the AJP 1.4 protocol conclusion
> last year, nowadays all that looks strange to me.
> All those things might be implemented, but IMHO only
> as a AJP1.5 protocol.

What every protocol has it the detection of the version of its partner,
we have to add it.
We also need to write a state diagram of the protocol: something if the
webserver sends bli applicationserver (TC) will answer bla, next state
is state_1 if not next state is state_2.
That is easy the existing protocol and that will help to see how to
improve it.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic