tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From gaston.aze...@free.fr
Subject Testing
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:55:41 GMT

Hi,

I suppose the answer to my question will be no, but I need so much that I prefer
to ask the question...

Is it possible for an external program to test if a session exists on the server
Tomcat?
In fact, I am working on mod_jk and I would like to send a HTTP request to
Tomcat only if the cookie JSESSIONID linked to this request is a valid session
on Tomcat.

This work has been realized in a context where we want to update the application
running on Tomcat (and JOnAS for the EJB server), as a result we have to
separate the clients working on the old version from the clients working on the
new one.

Regards,

Thomas