tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From gaston.aze...@free.fr
Subject Mod_JK / Tomcat : How does Tomcat know its name in mod_jk side?
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 17:30:47 GMT

Hi,

I'm always working on mod_jk and I have got a question about cookie generation
on the Tomcat side.
When a request has been send by a new client, he obtains a Cookie, this cookie
has been generated by Tomcat (worker). In this cookie, we find the route to the
correct worker for the next request (JSESSIONID=EF45..B01.worker1, worker1 is
the route) (if sticky_session is on), but how Tomcat knows that his name in
mod_jk side is "worker1"?
Where this information has been sent in the ajp protocol?

Regards,

Thomas