tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Renaming jakarta-tomcat-connectors to tomcat-connectors?
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 20:25:34 GMT
Hi,

On 6/28/06, Costin Manolache <costin@gmail.com> wrote:
> And why are you doing this ?

Why are we doing the renaming?  Because the relevant project is no
longer part of Jakarta, so to avoid confusion among users, be
consistent with other Tomcat code, discharge the Jakarta PMC from
responsibility, etc.  Ideally we would have done this right after we
became a TLP, but better late then never.

Or did you mean something else other than the renaming by "this" in
the above question?

Yoav

> For tomcat5 - I don't see how much it helps. For tomcat6+ - I think the
> main issue is figuring where to put the native code so the duplicated
> java source trees don't confuse people. Given how much unused native
> we have, it may be good to just move mod_jk and whatever else is still
> used to tomcat6/ repo.
>
> Costin
>
> On 6/28/06, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:
> >
> > I think it's time to rename jakarta-tomcat-connectors to
> > tomcat-connectors. I'll try to handle the remaining jakarta-tomcat
> > artefacts inside the connectors module and concerning the download.
> >
> > Does anyone know about external references we might break?
> >
> > Rainer

Yoav Shapira
Nimalex LLC
1 Mifflin Place, Suite 310