tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using svn to checkout the code; compiling tomcat
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 22:06:29 GMT
Hi,
Slight scramble of your message:

>Obviously, I need to get check the jsp code to build as well. Checking on
> the web, I realize I also need the following modules:
>

>     * /build/tc5.5.x
>     * /container/tc5.5.x
>     * /connectors/trunk
>     * /jasper/tc5.5.x
>     * /servletapi/servlet2.4-jsp2.0-tc5.x

These modules are checked out automatically (they're SVN externals)
when you check out current/tc5.5.x.  If your SVN client doesn't follow
externals, well, get a decent SVN client ;)

The "ant download" command I mentioned to do before "ant" itself will
download the dependencies and build those required for the main build,
including the servlet and JSP APIs.

Yoav