tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Terry Zhou" <>
Subject Is it possible to change server MBean domain name in Tomcat?
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 06:16:41 GMT
Hi, folks,

When I changed engine name to another (not default "Catalina") in server.xml,
for example "testEngine", I found there were two domain names in MBean tree
of tomcat, one was "Catalina", and the other was "testEngine", I wondered if
there was some other way to set them be the same (except override the
register method)? So I can maintain them under a same domain. I have looked
some source code I found "Catalina:type=..." hardcoded in several files,, for example. What do you guys think?

Thanks a lot!