tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Renaming jakarta-tomcat-connectors to tomcat-connectors?
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 06:20:38 GMT
"Jakarta Tomcat" was used in many contexts, and I don't see why a user
would be confused - or care or know what a TLP is. That's internal
apache organization.

My point is - it would be better to stop using jakarta for future, and not
change the
past. Tomcat5 was released as 'jakarta tomcat', and it's more or less
history - we
make sort of maintainance releases.

For tomcat6 and other future releases - we can stop using jakarta.

Costin