tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NIO Connector, please review
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:35:55 GMT
On 6/19/06, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:

> Costin Manolache wrote:
> >
> > I don't see the benefit of having things like cluster support in the
> tomcat
> > release -
> > if someone does want a cluster, they can easily download an additional
> > jar -
> > setting
> > up a cluster involves a lot of work, we won't make it much simpler by
> > bundling the jar with
> > tomcat.
> >

> Well, I agree with you. We can have a build like:
> ant core, ant clustering, etc... No problem with that.
> What I'm saying is that if the clustering is broken,
> we should not have an release. First of all the release
> requires a SVN tag, and just imagine if someone wishes
> to create a build for some tagged release, and some
> 'module' is broken. It's simply confusing.

The tomcat release has a SVN tag - and the release includes all
the tomcat files. Cluster and other modules can be broken - and can
be released later, with their own SVN release tags.

Of course - all stuff must compile at least - but I don't think it's a
reasonable
requirement to have all modules or other things that are not part of tomcat
tested  in order to do a release.

Costin