tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NIO Connector, please review
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:44:34 GMT
On 6/19/06, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:

> Costin Manolache wrote:
> >
> > What about finally creating tomcat-modules or tomcat-addons ( or any
> other
> > name ),
> > for stuff that is (more or less) tomcat version independent, or at least
> > works for
> > multiple recent versions, and can be released independently ?
> >
> > This way the cluster stuff would have a better home too.
> >

> Agreed, but that would probably lead to the same thing
> we already have, multiple connectors, etc..
> I think we can make some effort and better integrate the
> stuff, without going again to separation that would end
> up with confusing versions.
> The thing I like with TC6.X is that its entire functionality
> is integrated for the fist time.

Yes - that's why I jumped when I heard about having some stuff in j-t-c :-)
( the native code is still there actually, but I see an empty native in tc6
)
Maybe create a modules/ under tomcat6 - with the definition 'stuff that can
be
released independently, and may support older versions of tomcat as well'
Or just 'can be released independently'.

( the code can still be in java/ - or under modules, it doesn't matter as
long
as the actual realease of tomcat doesn't include it, and a separate release
of
the module can be made )

BTW - how is mod_ajp_proxy doing ?

Costin