tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NIO Connector, please review
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:26:23 GMT
On 6/19/06, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:

> Costin Manolache wrote:
> > are quite different,
> > I want to have it simpler and smaller than the apr model. I think
> old-style
> > connector
> > should be deprecated, since JDK1.5 is now required there is no point in
> > having it.
> >

> Sorry for stealing the thread ;)
>
> What about old jk2 connectors found again in the tc6.x
> branch. I would hate to have multiple AJP flavors once again
> (except the transport layer dependent: JIO, NIO, APR)

I think jk2 was deprecated ( at least the native part ), and anything
specific to the native2
should be removed.

Can we once and for all remove those obsolete stuff or make
> some merge if something is missing?

+1

The mod_jk config generation stuff should not be the part
> of tc6.x branch (eventually a separate thing under tomcat-connectors),
> so that we have a single http core, ajp core, and stuff that is
> transport layer dependent. I would not be in favor to see multiple
> http protocol parsers, etc. It would only make the assurance for
> the RFC harder.

+1 - but now tomcat-connectors is a bit confusing in context of tomcat6,
where
the java code is branched.

What about finally creating tomcat-modules or tomcat-addons ( or any other
name ),
for stuff that is (more or less) tomcat version independent, or at least
works for
multiple recent versions, and can be released independently ?

This way the cluster stuff would have a better home too.

Costin