tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Conflicts and JDT
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 15:56:29 GMT
Could you summarise what conflicts and why do we have to use JDT ?

My understanding was that the main reason is that it's better / faster /
less leaky than
javac - is this correct ? Is it still true for JDK1.5 ? Could we just use
javac as default - and
in case of 'conflicts' ?

Package rename kind of implies additional maintainance of a non-trivial
piece of code, merging, etc.

Of course - having it as a separate module ( and download ) might be the
best solution IMO.

Costin