tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "David Rees" <dree...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mod_jk] Documentation
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:11:08 GMT
On 6/14/06, gaston.azerty@free.fr <gaston.azerty@free.fr> wrote:
> I'm working on a J2EE server (JOnAS) using Tomcat as web
> container. I'm trying to add some mechanisms to allow the updating of
> an application. The aim is to preserve HA (Hight AVaibility) by not
> stopping completely the application.

You'll want to read the Tomcat cluster docs as well as the Connector
docs. That should give you an idea of how to setup multiple Tomcat
instances which automatically fail over when load balanced by
Apache/mod_jk.

BTW, you posted to the wrong list, this is a user-related question
which should be posted there so if you have any followup questions
post them there instead of the dev list.

-Dave