tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Amila Suriarachchi" <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Tomcat 4.1.32 as beta
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:16:17 GMT

> The Tomcat 4 build structure is slightly different to TC5. The main
> build.xml is in the container sub-folder.

What is the reason for this move? In tomcat 5.0 and tomact5.5 (even in
4.1.31 as i remember) build is created very smoothly when I run ant from the
root folder.

I have just confirmed that
> this file is in the tarball.
>
> Mark

i went to conatainer folder and run the ant.
but it seems to be failing, with following exception
/home/amila/projects/ers-source/apache-tomcat-4.1.32-src/container/catalina/build.xml:775:
Warning: Could not find file /home/amila/projects/ers-source/apache-
tomcat-4.1.32-src/servletapi/dist/lib/servlet.jar to copy.

I am working in ubuntu linux with Jdk 1.5.06

can u point me to a place where can i find the exact build steps?

thankx
Amila.