tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject jk/native/common/jk_ajp_common.c: Buglet concerning ep_mincache_sz
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:38:34 GMT
Hi Mladen,

In jk/native/common/jk_ajp_common.c: Are you able to convince me, that
this condition is correct:

  2210                  if (n > aw->ep_mincache_sz) {
  2211                      if (JK_IS_DEBUG_LEVEL(l)) {
  2212                          jk_log(l, JK_LOG_DEBUG,
  2213                          "reached pool min size %u from %u cache
slots",
  2214                          aw->ep_mincache_sz, aw->ep_cache_sz);
  2215                      }
  2216                      break;
  2217                  }

Variable n counts how many connections we closed during this run of
maintain and ep_mincache_sz as I understand it, should be the amount of
connections established (or actually being used).

In order to determine the number of connections we are allowed to close
we need to know, how many are already closed (or the complement =
established).

So we must either iterate through the cache two times (first counting
established or used connections) and then actually closing.
Or we add the number of established connections as a member to the
worker and only close connections if established > ep_mincache_sz.

Am I wrong?