tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject HTTP Protocol + Auth BoF @ApacheCon Wed 9pm
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 08:08:43 GMT
Communities,

I believe this should be interesting to several participants of these three
lists with respect to the HTTP protocol, associated protocols and the future
direction of authentication.

Lisa asked me to forward you all this invitation to the BoF, 9pm - 10pm Wed
at ApacheCon this coming week (bypassing the inevitable moderation hassles :)

Lisa Dusseault writes:

> IETF is discussing a number of possible standardization efforts
> around HTTP.  Most notably there are many people interested in tackling
> "Meta-authentication", or the ability to provide an identity that one
> site can validate to another site, and also people interested in seeing
> whether protocol standards might address phishing issues somewhat (both
> of these topics will be discussed in the IETF WAE BoF in Montreal in
> July).  In addition there have been proposals on cookie applicability
> and usage of ETags on PUT responses.

For a full list of topics that you might impact (that Mark suggests might
be up for discussion) see this post;

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2006AprJun/0111.html

The HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg-request@w3.org> list is where this all
percolates back to, and if these issues really appeal to you, please do
subscribe to that list.

I believe Lisa will attend IETF Montreal 06 in July at that 'official' BoF
and would be happy to propagate concerns raised here at AC, to the IETF
attendees, there.

We hope if protocol level issues interest you, especially the future of auth,
you will join us Wed eve!

Bill