tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: NIO vs BIO speed
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 00:03:46 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>> Remy, can you run your tests again, are you still seeing a huge
>> difference?
>
> Obviously, you did not change anything.
yes, I changed from busy read to polling, I wasn't sure if you ran your
tests after that.
I've ran my tests both on Windows and on Fedora Core 4, same results on
both machines.
if the concurrency is lower than maxThreads, bio has between a 1-10% gain.
But as soon as the concurrency goes higher than maxThreads the nio
connector is way faster, in my case 66% faster.
In the concurrency>maxThreads, my NIO connector is slightly faster than
the APR connector as well.

Filip