tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject NIO vs BIO speed
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 23:06:09 GMT
I've attached two test runs NIO vs BIO.
The results are very similar, in a regular scenario, blocking IO should
be a little bit faster, cause it doesn't have to poll, and then hand off
to a separate thread before reading.
Benefit of the NIO is of course that the number of open sockets are no
longer limited by thread count.

Remy, can you run your tests again, are you still seeing a huge difference?
thanks
Filip