tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r416444 [1/2] - in /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/java/org/apache: coyote/http11/ coyote/http11/ tomcat/util/net/
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:37:07 GMT wrote:
> Author: fhanik
> Date: Thu Jun 22 12:05:02 2006
> New Revision: 416444
> Log:
> Fix so that we don't do a busy read, instead we are properly doing a NIO poller wait
> This way, we can achieve blocking read, without wasting CPU cycles.
> Since we are using Java 5, I will be changing this implementation from using synchronized
to using the Exchanger, this is also to avoid anyi locks that can happen. For example, in
the current implementation the poller can call notify before we have had a chance to call

This is a little bit better (2300 r/s now), but:
- I get some cancelled key exceptions (most likely they could be caught):
22 juin 2006 21:32:38$Poller events
         at Source)
         at Source)
         at Source)
- I get a problem in the poller thread after a while:
Exception in thread "http-8081-Poller-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
         at$FdMap.remove(Unknown Source)
         at$FdMap.access$3000(Unknown Source)
         at Source)
         at Source)
         at Source)
         at Source)
         at Source)
         at Source)

However, performance without keepalive (no -k) is down.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message