tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NIO Connector, please review
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:38:54 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>>> Alright, fixed, my last night checkin, the one I was unable to diff,
>>> caused the problem, I have reverted that one, and the Connector since
>>> we can use the fully qualified classname here.
>>
>> I am able to diff to see what got fixed, and it's trivial: all
>> requests were processed as Comet events.
> yup, noticed that when I ran it in a debugger, I wanted to consolidate
> the two processSocket method into one, i did it wrong.

I can confirm it now works. The two methods are fundamentally different,
and one of them was actually named processSocketEvent until I changed it
back to processSocket.

However, the throughput is very bad at the moment (/usr/sbin/ab.exe -n
20000 -c 10 -k http://127.0.0.1:8081/tomcat.gif):
800 req/s (with keepalive actually working) vs 6000+ for regular java.io.

Rémy