tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Comet Model
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 23:46:56 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>> all, I have made a little image that would explain the idea I have
>> (and implemented today) for the Tomcat model, would like to get some
>> feedback,
>>
>> Remy and I already have an open dialogue, but its subjected under a
>> commit, so if you didn't read that one, this one has a nice pix
>> also available at http://www.halosg.com/Comet.png
>>
>> this doesn't break the original Comet model, it is backwards
>> compatible, yet it extends a little bit further making it more useful
>> for no latency lagging
>
> There is no difference at all, this is still Comet (yes, you can get
> two read events in a row).
and that is the exact bug I fixed. Before the commit, you couldn't. So
to support your argument, you should be in favor of the commit. not against.

> I fail to see what your purpose is to step on my toes like this, and
> barge in with commit, when you didn't discuss anything.
not sure what your toes and the ASF owned repository have in common ;)

We're discussing it now, you started it with a veto, and yes, i could
have used the endless discussion tactic to prove the bug, but it was
faster to come in with a solution.
> Similarly, the endless discussion tactic that I've seen you use in the
> past is also very evil. Is it a bit of pay back because you resent
> some of my earlier positions ?
No resentment here, I have high respect for you, we all have our
personal quirks.

> Rémy
Filip