tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat Comet Model
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 23:38:37 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> all, I have made a little image that would explain the idea I have (and
> implemented today) for the Tomcat model, would like to get some feedback,
>
> Remy and I already have an open dialogue, but its subjected under a
> commit, so if you didn't read that one, this one has a nice pix
> also available at http://www.halosg.com/Comet.png
>
> this doesn't break the original Comet model, it is backwards compatible,
> yet it extends a little bit further making it more useful for no latency
> lagging

There is no difference at all, this is still Comet (yes, you can get two
read events in a row).

I fail to see what your purpose is to step on my toes like this, and
barge in with commit, when you didn't discuss anything. Similarly, the
endless discussion tactic that I've seen you use in the past is also
very evil. Is it a bit of pay back because you resent some of my earlier
positions ?

Rémy