tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r414906 - in /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/java/org/apache/coyote/http11: Http11AprProcessor.java InternalAprInputBuffer.java
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 22:48:05 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> fhanik@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: fhanik
>> Date: Fri Jun 16 13:55:06 2006
>> New Revision: 414906

>> Log:
>> Fixed comet processing.
>> The following bug was existing:
>> When a comet request had begun, and the browser sent some more data,
>> the Tomcat APR component was never reading the data from the socket
>> and lead to two kinds of failures
>> 1. The CometServlet.read returned false, cause no data was read, and
>> the socket closed
>> 2. If the CometServlet.read was overwritten and return true, the
>> thread got stuck in a loop, forever hanging.
>>
>> The solution was to read the incoming data from the socket, update
>> the content length of the request, and make sure that the input
>> filters would still allow to read the data.
>>
>> I think the following features still need to be fixed:
>> 1. If CometServlet.read return false, the adapter should call
>> CometServlet.end, not CometServlet.error
>> 2. If CometServlet.read throws an error, then the adapter should call
>> CometServlet.error
>> 3. When CometServlet.read returns false, don't close the socket, keep
>> alive should still work and we should still be able to process more
>> HTTP requests on that connection
>
> I think there's something conceptually wrong with this. I don't have
> time to look into it right now, however.
what part, the check in or the feature set?
the check in, fixes data transfer by doing comet style, ie, both client
and server can "push" data, and working around the HTTP request/response
pull model.
most containers only implement "server async push" but not the client
ability to do the same.
did you have something else in mind?

> Rémy

Filip Hanik